Real Estate Services
Engineering | Architecture | Inspection
Your Local Network of A&E Experts
Whether you are a real estate agent representing your client through the buying or selling process, a homeowner, or a lending institution, LEVEL Engineering is your independent expert. We specialize in structural inspection, engineering and Architectural services for real estate transactions & underwriting. We serve buyers, sellers, realtors, general inspectors, contractors, investors, and lenders.
Our Real Estate Services
- We offer schedule flexibility and the ability to perform inspections often within a few days
- Foundation inspections, framing inspections, and general structural condition.
- Clarity on next steps and costs to provide buyers the ability to understand any structural issues, and how to fix them.
- We educate general inspectors.
- Load-bearing wall inspections, assess structural improvements/modifications, and can provide design drawings related to any structural modifications.
- We are often directing or connecting additional services (such as CBS) coming in to get an estimate for foundation repair prior to inspection objection deadlines.
How it Works
Site visit to evaluate current structure or proposed work
Explain the process and the proposed work to be done
If other professionals are recommended we can refer you to them
Provide a letter or drawings for the repairs and define scope of work
Construction observations to ensure integrity throughout the project
- Realtors meet tight deadlines
- Buyers/Sellers/Lenders navigate structural concerns (often foundation)
- Buyers find peace of mind in a big personal investment
- Sellers find peace of mind when looking to sell (or counter a seller’s report / offer)
- General Inspectors/Realtors investigate structural issues on a deeper level
- Contractors/Investors understand the feasibility of structural changes and how things will fit into the budget.
How does the process work?
1) We work to ensure they are getting the deliverable they need in a timely manner, whether that is a report by the inspection deadline (typically 2-3 days max) or staying in contact for repairs when purchased. Our communication skills exceed that of many of our competitors because we believe it is our duty to educate the parties, particularly our client, to ensure informed decision making and confident investing.
2) Most times, the Sellers put the property on the market, entertain bids, select a buyer, and establish a contract period. Once that is established, one of those parties contacts our office to schedule and engineer observation. The timeline is always short, our team works to fit it in the schedule.
3) When we arrive on site, we do a visual inspection, a general levelness check, and review any documents or disclosures that may be available. This is typically done in an hour. We then give a verbal report to our client and, with their approval, any other parties present. The Level approach addresses not only areas of concern but “expectation management.” Particularly with older homes, this is the number one aspect the potential Buyers seem to appreciate.
4) If a report is requested, it typically relates to a necessary repair or establishing a dollar amount for negotiation.
5)If issues are identified and the report is written, we will sometimes see the buyer come back and use Level for the repair or remodel services. In this aspect, we are unique in that we can support on many levels.
With a diverse background and multiple decades of A&E experience, we use engineering analysis of structures and our judgment to create solutions to unique problems.
Projects vary widely in scope. We usually need to evaluate the current home to be able to evaluate the project scope. We meet on-site to inspect an issue and discuss possible solutions or designs to address them. Design is an iterative process, so we continue dialogue with our clients throughout the process as we refine our preliminary design ideas into a final working solution.
A series created for real estate agents and their clients. Home transactions can be tricky waters to navigate without credible information. We strive to elevate your services to a level above the rest by empowering you with the best education and tools on the topic.
What you Need to Know about Soil
85 million years ago, certain parts of the country were part of the ocean. As the ocean retracted, layers of ground were formed from silt, clay, and different rock components.
These soil elements have left some homes with many different foundation problems. Homeowners and Real Estate Agents only discover this problem when they are buying or selling a property.
Fill out the form below and we’ll reach out to you to discuss project details and connect you with your local expert.
Our team typically gets back to you within 1-4 hours.